Re: Battery relocation

From: Clay Cooke (cooke@ecn.purdue.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 18:04:35 EDT

Ive considered this for a while my self, and there shouldnt be a problem
in it at all. I did it in my other truck and it worked just fine. On thing
to keep in mind, the bigger the wire the better to prevent voltage drops.
I plan on using "O" gauge (single aught) wire, its big, but its needed
when you have so much distance for the voltage to travel.

You could use 4 gauge, but that is the smallest I would go, 2 gauge or
single aught ("0") would be the best in my opinion.

Clay

84 Dodge Ram, scrapin pavement w/ 440 8bbl
96 Indy Ram, scrapin EVERYTHING w/ 360 Magnum!' -(www.indyram.org)
69 Road Runner 440 6bbl, project car

http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~cooke