Re: Cleaning your engine

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 15:15:36 EDT

At 12:19 PM 4/7/00 CDT, you wrote:
>Ok, being a woman, I like my things to be kept clean, nice and neat. What
>is the best way to keep the engine area clean? I want to get down and do
>some detailing this weekend, but what kind of cleaner should I use and what
>areas should I NEVER touch? I'm not talking internal so don't start saying
>anything about cleaning the oil out of my engine hehehe I mean all the
>grease and lubricants that get all over everything and the "mud" and debris
>from driving that I have. I want to get the basis covered so when I take my
>truck to Houston in September I know what I can and cannot clean so I can
>"show" it off with my new BLUE wire covers that I'm installing (got the
>small one's now I need medium and large)

I too use Simple Green ... amazing product ... don't have to worry about
it and bad effects on rubber. I remove the air cleaner, cover the throttle
body
with a plastic bag, cover the computer and its 3 connectors
with a plastic bag (more of a safety precaution), spray using the Simple
Green bottle with nozzle set at FOAM, allow to stand for 3-5 min., spray
with garden hose and spray set at wide spread. Any heavy duty oil can be
wiped off with an old rag. Use the air compressor and spray most of the
H2O off (especially around the distributor and spark plug wires), reattach
everything and run at idle until rest of water evaporates.

Does a really good job. Smells good as well!!! Hope this helps.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.