Keyless entry settings on Y2K Dak

From: Henry Hagemeier (henryh@texas.net)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 09:34:30 EDT

Hi All,
According to my manual, I can set the Keyless entry to two different
settings, 1. One press opens both doors. Or 2. Two presses opens, first
the dirver side lock with the first press, and then the passenger side with
the second press . After cycling the ignition key on-off 4 times ending on
the on position, and pressing the drivers side door lock switch you should
be able to reset the operation mode. However, I can only get it to work a
little differently. On my truck it came with the keyless press that opened
both doors with a single press. I changed it using the above method and
then on the first press NOTHING happened. Then on the second press BOTH
doors unlock. After resetting it, the lock goes back to the "one press
opens both doors". Resetting it again goes back to the "first press
nothing, second press both locks open". Etc...

I like the way my wife's Voyager works. First press, dirver's side only
opens, second press the rest of the doors open. Is it possible to program
my Dakota to work in this way?

Thanks,

Henry
http://henryh.home.texas.net