Re: Re: Howday, and an intro

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 22:15:48 EDT

Hell, you can change the cam in my v6! hehe. i think I have enough room in
my dakota, that with the fan shroud off, you could stand in front of the
engine. so the cam removal and install might be a lot easier. don't know.
-Dester

PS. what cam is he running? The only one that seems to make a cam is Magnum
performance. changing valvesprings? or keeping the stock ones? and since
he's there already, new rollers? hehe

<< It was a 360 and yes, the condenser was still connected and rotated upwards
 and held up by bungee cords. The intake and timing cover came off after
 fighting the removal of the balancer. I bought a gear puller and modified it
 to grab sideways to pull off the balancer, then I asked the mailman for a
 handful of rubber bands and used them to hold up the roller lifters while
 sliding out the stock cam. The most time consuming part was getting the
 radiator/condenser parts out of the way and pulling the balancer. I am
 ordering a cam for the V-6 that is very similar to those specs for a friends
 V-6 which should give more room to work with.
 Kuk >>