Re: Reverse gear synchronized?, DIY stereo install

From: ZeNel1eac1@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 17:21:55 EDT

ABSOLUTLEY, COMPLETELY NORMAL. I know this for a fact! If anyone argues
with me on this they don't know what they're talking about. Break-in has
nothing to do with it. My 1990 Nissan 240sx was a 5 speed and all way to the
day I sold it, every now and then, I had to do it. It's a fact of life and
you just got to get used to it. I think it has to do with the aligning of
teeth on the clutch assembly. ( I don't really know I just drive 'em.

Joe G.
'98 Black Sport Plus 318 4x4 5SPD

<< With the recent talk on gears and clutch use...I have a 5-speed '99 Dak
 Sport 3.9L, and a question. Anytime I'm in neutral and want to shift into
 reverse, I usually get a terrible gear grinding sound. The only solution is
 to clutch, shift into first, then shift to reverse, all while keeping the
 clutch in. Sometimes it even takes a couple tries. I've had the truck for
 almost one and a half years, and it has been like this since day one. My
 local 5-star dealer said this is normal operation, but that sounds odd to
 me. Granted, this is my first manual transmission and I'm a self-taught
 shifter. What's the word? >>