Re: 1/4 mile track suggestions

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 09:27:17 EDT

On the first few runs, just stick it in drive (O/D off) and run it like you
would on the street. This will give you a "Real World" example of what
it'll do on a daily basis. (Leave everything in the truck that you
normally carry every day.) Do NOT burn the tires since it's not required
for All Terrain tires (assuming that this is what's on your 4x4). I've
heated the 32" BFG's as a test and found that it made NO difference at
all. (I can plant them and not slip on a launch...with Nitrous...at
2200rpm on the launch.)

After you have the real-world figures, start playing around with launch
rpm's, removing the rear seat(s) (if you have them), removing the stock
airbox cover (so it's just a tube), etc.

- Bernd