Re: Re: Re: Impressions of 1997 MP PCM,Attn: Bob Tom

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 18:54:16 EDT

At 04:52 PM 4/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
>how do you change the shift points?

It has to be programmed into the PCM. I have a custom computer
(unfortunately not for my specific mods) that, amongst other things,
is calibrated to shift at 5600 rpm under WOT if you let select D
and let the tranny do the shifting. Shift point rpms are also
calibrated into the PCM for other driving conditions. Whatever
the programming is, you can shift at different rpms if you manually
move the shift lever from 1-2 and 2-D within 'limits'.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.