Re: RE: Re: MAP Sensor "Issue"

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 06:23:29 EDT

At 10:23 PM 4/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
> <snip> It seems to be partly lean and the advanced timing,
>which is normally at 38-40 degrees at part throttle (and in
>conjunction with the MAP sensor issue) could be what's causing
>this whole mess.

Do you recall any of the conditions (rpm, vs, load) at which you
have picked up a 38-40 degrees advance on your scanner?

The factory specs for a '96 (4x2 5.2L SBEC auto.) spark advance
are given as 10 - 30 degrees advance. I have seen some readouts
of about the 33 degree advance at part throttle.

Thanks.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.