Re: Re: radar detectors

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 14:57:45 EDT

What about "instant on-off"????? This is when an officer is 'clocking'
vehicles and instead of having the radar gun on all the time, the officer
just flips it on and off(and locks in the calculated speed) as the vehicles
are approaching; this gives the radar detector of ANY type literally no
chance to alert the driver of the speeding vehicle, rendering the radar
detecter useless. My brother is a cop and I have gone on many ride alongs
with him and he uses this all the time to nab people with detectors. There
is also a new radar gun currently being used in Indiana which NO, I repeat
NO radar detector currently on the market can detect. This new type relies
on time travel. It sends a signal and maps where it first makes contact with
the traveling/speeding vehicle and then pin-points from that location to
another given location, like the squad car, and determines in a split second
how fast the car is actually traveling. It works and works damn good, far
better than any laser gun in law enforcement. Just dont speed, it is not
worth it.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6