Speedometer Problem/question

From: Dave Stauffacher (stauffac@jvlnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 20:11:13 EDT

Hey there,

I've got a '95 dak 4 cyl 2wd (yeah, I know it's weak, but I'm paying back
Uncle Sam for college...) Anyway, two days ago the speedometer up and died
on me. So I busted out the Haynes book on the dak, and it showed a
speedometer cable that I should check. They neglected to note that the 95 4
cyl. dak has an electronic speed sensor, no speedometer cable. Anyway, I
ran the error codes and found that the computer wasn't receiving any signal
from the speed sensor. So I replaced the speed sensor. Now the error 15
doesn't show up anymore, but I still have no speedometer. Where do I look
next? I'm quite novice when it comes to under-the-hood stuff, but I'd much
rather learn to do it myself. Help!

Thanks,

-Dave S.
daves@jvlnet.com