Re: Speedometer Problem/question

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 22:35:15 EDT

Well, did you say that there was no voltage from the speed sensor? maybe a
fuse blew somewhere (check ALL fuses)

if that didn't fix it, test the wires to see if it has continuety.
(spelling?) maybe one of your wires just went bad, and it's not the sensor
itself..

last thing I can think of. Try to tighten up all wiring harness connectors
you can get your hands on.
-Dester

P.S. you disconnected it and reconnected the battery correctly. you won't
have to waste more time disconnecting and reconnecting that. if you have a
voltmeter... run an ohms check or voltage (whichever this little device puts
out) and see if the sensor is working. if no voltage/ohms is received, maybe
they sold ya a defective one....

<< Joe,

 When I went to install the speed sensor it suggested disconnecting the
 battery before starting any work, just so you don't have juice running
 through the wires I was workin' on. So, I did the install of the speed
 sensor before I reconnected the battery. Think I need to disconnect and
 reconnect again? I'm at a total loss. About the only thing I can think of
 is that maybe something in the instrunment cluster isn't working properly.
 All my gauges work except for the speedometer (and the odometer that's built
 in to the speedometer). Honestly I'm about 20 minutes away from takin' the
 darn thing to the mechanic...

 -Dave