*#@*&$ing intake gaskets!!!!!!!!!

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 17:27:02 EDT

well today I pulled off the MPI to fix the rear gasket which was leaking
pretty bad. All said and done too me a leisurely 3hrs, just find and
dandy... drive home and I start to smell oil again.
F*@&@#$IO!@@!@!!!!!!!!!! leaking AGAIN!!!!!! I did reuse the
steel/rubber gasket, but sandwiched it with RTV.. What gives???? The front
doesn't leak, just the rear (cam gear throwing the oil up??) This now means
I get to take it off AGAIN, although I hate to drop $40 for another freakin
set of gaskets.

Anyone else had this problem with the MPI/M1?? If so, PLEASE how did you
fix it I am gettin annoyed!!!!!
    Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
      95 318 4x4 CC auto
  www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4