Re: RE: track times... Re :Tim

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 09:33:47 EDT

Dont the 4.7's have the plastic type intake too? I noticed that my intake
never got cool enough to touch for longer than like 5 secs.... My buddy
went to the same track when it was cool, and ran a 14.1 stock in a 96 T/A,
and put gears in it, ram air, and hypertech, still ran a 14.1, even with new
tires.... I think the metal, huge intakes hurt bad in the heat...
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual's w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II, 2 Electric Fans
180 T-stat, MSD 8.5 wires, Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1, Mod'd intake
ASP Pullies (Crank/Alt), Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's, MP Puter
Edelbrock Headers/Y-pipe, Exhaust cutout B4 cat
BEST 1/4 15.488 @ 86.23 MPH
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ