Re: A/C Always On, HELP

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 21:11:37 EDT

I also experienced this and found out its supposed to be that way! The
explanation being that it "dries out the air and helps keep fog off the
windows". There are a couple of vent switch positions that it doesn't come
on in but I still think the concept is stupid. I live in AZ and too much
humidity in the air is not a common problem here. On a cool morning it would
be great to know the A/C is off. I plan to put a switch and relay wherein the
switch will controls the relay right at the compressor where the A/C clutch is
engaged electrically but have not gotten around to it. Also thought about
putting a WOT switch that could also engage the relay to cut the A/C (or
parasiting off the existing WOT switch somehow)