the eagle has landed

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 15:57:41 EDT

The MPI/M1 manifold landed on my doorstep this morning....

Depending on if I'm able to round up all the extras in time, I might
be able to install this thing on Friday......

BTW, what kind of RTV have you guys used on the manifold? I was at
the dealer ordering the extra stuff I'll need and the parts guy said I
should not use any after-market RTV. He sold me some Mopar RTV, said
it will seal much better and is O2 sensor safe. On the tube it says
"ATF-RTV" and on the back it says "Silicone Rubber RTV developed
specifically to retain sealing and adhesion properties when exposed
to automatic transmission fluid" Damn, I hope no tranny fluid makes
it all the way up to my intake! Does this sound like the right stuff?
 He only charged me a couple bucks for it so I figured that would be
 one less stop I would have to make and got it.

 Also has anyone been successful in installing this intake WITHOUT
 grinding the AC compressor corner by using a non-mopar water neck? I
 read a post in the archives that said a chevy o-ringed water neck
 worked well, and that a low profile chevy neck or even an angled neck
 would probably work without grinding the compressor.

 Thanks!

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com