RE: Oil Filter Relocation pros and cons?

From: emailskip@webtv.net
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 21:13:34 EDT

A trick I used to use on my 91 V6, (haven't tried it on the 2K yet) was
a zip lock baggie. The ones I used were called "Hefty One Zip Slider
Bags". I used the one gallon size, they are about 11 inches square, and
have the little plastic sliding zipper on top. After you loosen the
filter with your wrench, slip the bag over it, unscrew the filter, let
it drop in the bag, and zip it shut. Now you can turn the filter any way
you need to, to remove it. No mess. And you can just toss bag and filter
in the garbage can.(or recycle it, or whatever you do)

Skip Goger
Gresham, Or
2000 4X4 V8 AUTO
CC SPORT+ IB