Re: lift,tires, etc...

From: Sandman (sandman@swconnect.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 02:28:07 EDT

They don't rub on the body or fenders, they didn't do that before the 3" body
lift. They hit the frame. The factory Goodyears didn't, then I went to
Uniroyal Laredo ATs and they did, then when those wore out I ended up with the
Super Swamper Radials and they do too. I guess it's just manufacturer
varience. I don't see how you could possibly lose ground clearance with the
Rancho kit, it wouldn't be called a lift kit if you did. All you do more of
less with a suspension lift is drop the front diff and the rear axle which in
turns lift everything else, and it's not really dropping the axles. If you
don't want the Rancho, and the 5.5" is too high you may just be in luck. I have
heard the Trailmaster is going to make a kit that will put 4" on it, kinda in
between those two. You might wanna look into this.