Re: Re: Battery Corrosion was RE: Dak won't start!?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 11:11:12 EDT

I've been corrosion free for a year at a time for over a decade using those red
and green felt 'washers' that go over the posts and under cable connects.
They are sold at just about any auto parts store, k-mart, wallmart etc.
for a couple of bucks tops. Really worth it. They also add a nice seasonal
touch of color to the engine compartment during the winter holidays, ha ha.
I imagine they have something like the gel mentioned previously impregnated
in them.