Re: Re: Dealer blames Hotchkis for cab pop

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 21:45:36 EDT

"L. J. Morris" <ljohn@alltel.net> wrote:
>I had this done under a TSB 2yrs ago and it is an easy fix. Why don't you
>schmooze the dealer into just getting you the parts (as described in the
>TSB) and install them yourself. All you have to do is un-bolt the old cab
>bolts, jack the cab up a bit to remove them and put in the TSB parts.

Well, I don't think there would be any schmoozing involved to buy the
cab bolt parts, after all, I'd be giving them money for that.
Besides, I know the parts guy would sell me whatever I want to pay for
no problem. Not that I would buy from them now. I'd buy from another
dealer at this point. Yes, I looked at the FSM and I know I could fix
it, but I'm mad enough I want to go to another dealer, get them to fix
it, get their repair documentation where they fixed the cab bolts, and
then take both to the DC regional rep to prove my local dealer gave a
false diagnosis to make money. Crap like that should not be allowed
to be gotten away with.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43