Lugnuts!!! (Long)

From: Matt Koth (rpmkoth@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 22:23:44 EDT

I was out four wheelin' on some local trails with my truck and put a small
hole in my back tire. So, I high tailed it home so I could get the tire off.
I would have taken it to the local Co-op to get it fixed but it was a Sunday
and they were closed. Anyway I got out the impact wrench and fired up the
compresor to take off the lugnuts. All came off well, except the last two.
They were all ready a bit bad so this finished them off. They are completly
rounded off. I have the rims with
the deep tunnels around the lugnunts so I cant cut them off. The next
morning I took my truck to the tire shop to have it fixed and they said it
would cost $40-$80 to do, and they couldn't promise they wouldnt burn the
rims. they put a plug in the hole but they have no idea how long that will
last. I have run out of ideas, so any help or info would be greatly
appreciated.