Truck running hot

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 18:20:46 EDT

OK, this is kinda weird. I know that usually when an auto acts up like mine
is, then it runs just fine on the interstate or when moving along, but heats
up when stopped at a red light. Mine is just bass-ackwards as it can be. In
town it is fine, on the interstate, after about 4 or 5 miles, it starts to
warm up. I just changed the t-stat, it is a 180. Water pump is new, along
with hoses and a large three row radiator. I run 65/45 prestone/water.
After it gets hot, like around 215 to 220, I turn off the ac, drive about 5
more miles and it cools back down. Then it is just fine unless I get down on
it. The oil is clean Mobil 1, the coolant doesn't show any signs of oil, so
I believe the head gaskets are fine. Any ideas? It has been fine the past
three summers since I hopped up the V-6 in it. Thanks for any help.

Will
Cylindrically Challenged V-6
10.75:1 comp (nom) w/ gaskets - 10.64:1
extrude honed heads, roller rockers, extrude honed intake, polished and bored
TB
K&N in a ram air box (www.ramairbox.com p.n. 14x4@110)
Custom full length headers Jet Hot Coated, Flowmaster Duals, Clevite 77
bearings
MSD 6AL, Champion Truck plugs p.n. 4071, NOS 180 shot (custom made plate)