What to do with stock PCM?

From: Charles Wyman (cewyma@Roushind.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 08:21:58 EDT

I replaced my stock PCM with the performance PCM. Does anyone have any good ideas on what to do with the stock PCM? Can someone else use it in there truck if it is reprogrammed with there VIN & milage, it's for a '00 5.9L? I thought I heard something about a "core" fee being charged at one time by the dealer, if I give the stock one to the dealer can I get some $$ out of it? Should I hang on to it for any reason, maybe to have the option to run 87 octane gas, in case gas prices shoot up again? BTW gas prices here in MI have gone down slightly from $2.19 for 87 oct. to about $1.79. I just filled up yesterday with 94 octane at $2.03/gallon.