my reply, R/T snobs, was All R/T'ers

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 22:12:16 EDT

I would be happy to go up against a few 300 hp R/T, I would also love to
attend that meet, but driving 2000 miles during the school year would be
impossible.

You can't deny that some R/T list members believe that they do have a
"special" vehicle that is better than regular Dakotas, when in fact, as
someone said last night, the R/T package is a trim option on a Dakota. As a
matter of fact, Mopar had an aftermarket engine package and stickers that
was designated "Magnum R/T"

I am not saying that I have a better truck than an R/T, in fact, except for
horsepower, the R/T beats mine in almost every way. What I am saying is that
R/T's are not better than other Dakotas, they are just a little different.
Are you saying that the national R/T meet was better without regular
Dakotas? I think that a national Dakota meet would have been bigger and
probably better! Not everyone has an R/T, but I'm sure that a lot of Dakota
owners would have liked to have been there. Do you realize that one of your
Dakotas was not welcomed under any circumstances!

All I really want is for us to get along. I know I touched a nerve with
this, and I certainly don't mean to suggest that all R/T owners are snobs,
most are not. Dakotas are, after all, just Dakotas and we are all Dakota
owners and enthusiasts.

Lets try to make the next national meet universal, I commend all of the
people lately that are putting up more pages for all Dakotas. I especially
appreciate the contributions by Jon Steiger and Michael Clark, they started
all of this and they never intended for their being sub groups of Dakotas.

Thanks for letting me blow off a little smoke,
Mark Kuzia
flyboy01@mediaone.net
http://people.mw.mediaone.net/flyboy01/home.html
1995 Dakota 13.79 @ 99.52 mph