Re: Re: Cap & Rotor Replacement

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 23:01:08 EDT

Oh yeah, the price is more than worth it. I forget what I paid but it was
really cheap for a V8 brass cap and rotor so I didn't mind shelling out the
dough at all. What I didn't expect was what a pain it would be to actually do
the job. Thank God I noted the DML discussions on the topic and had all of the
wires marked with clothes pins (Thank you again (whoever you are) for that
flash of brilliance!) so I could put them back in the right order. I
remembered what a drag it was when I hooked up my Jeep the wrong way on that
straight six (it sounded like a dish washer with a fork or whatever that had
fallen out of the tray onto the sprayer) so it was really gratifying to fire up
the truck and hear that beautiful sequential roar!

Sh*t! I would kill for this to be a 10 minute job on my V8! When I say I
stand an easy 6' it means I'm a little over that and even so I had crawl up
onto the front end (kneeling on the front-end/top radiator shroud) to get to
the damn cap! I think I'm gonna drive out to Indiana one day to show you what
a PIA this is on a V8. :-)
Tom