RE: 4.7l Questions

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 08:15:44 EDT

Shawn, Plugs in the 4.7L are very easy, First remove the air hat (two
screws, and one hose clamp on the TB.) Next take a reg. screwdriver and pop
open the clips on the heater hose pipes. This will allow you to move these
out of the way. Next, remove all of the wire connectors from your coil
packs. You don't even need a tool for this part, just depress the connector
and slide each one off. Next, remove the nut holding each tube down,(one on
each tube, 10mm) and take them off one at a time. You'll need a 5/8 spark
plug socket and a long extension on your ratchet.
Thats it, alot easier than you think!
I'm not sure about the T-stat?, I got 180 t-stat a few weeks back but
haven't put it in yet, to be honest, I haven't looked to see where the
t-stat housing is??

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC 4.7L 5spd.
9 1/4 3.92 LSD, Homemade air intake,
T-Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1,Hoosiers
3" Flowmaster cat-back, Bosch +4's
14.48 @ 92.40 MPH
9.19 @ 72.58 MPH
209.9 RWHP/285 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ