4.7l Questions

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 15:54:06 EDT

I have no idea on the T-stat, but for the plugs, i recomend using a
sparkplug socket (so it holds the plug firmly), tape this to the extension
bar, mine kept coming off and of course i only think of tape on plug
#8. as for the coils, use a 10mm socket to unbolt em, remove the power
wire then remove the coil, i used the coil stud for leverage... pushed my
thumb against it. hope this helps...

Chris

>I am thinking about replacing the spark plugs and T-Sat on my 00 4.7l Dak.
>When I looked under the hood it looked like doing these things might be a
>pain in the ass. Anybody have a easy method to replace these items on a
>2000 with the 4.7? Both of these mods on a 318 or 360 were very easy to
>complete. Also what gap should I use if I run Autolite 3923s with a stock
>ignition?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Shawn

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Alarm,
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,
Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal