Re: Air Compressor Question......

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 09:57:39 EDT

In a message dated 07/24/2000 0:48:29 AM EST, grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< > How much would an electrician charge you to run a 220V service from your
> panel to your garage? Might be worth it to keep the big compressor.

 Not sure. I really comes down to the fact that my dad really doesnt want to
 deal with rewiring and digging up his yard. About half of our house is is
 covered by a deck, and the other half has a 2 tiers worth of landscaping
 pavers and blocks; alot of work! We built both the deck and the did the
 landscaping, and there is no way I could convince my dad to dig up anything,
 especially his lawn! I may just keep this big 6.5hp 60 gallon beast in my
 basement, and wait till I get my own place to actually use it; probably by
 next summer. I was really would like an air compressor and thought the
 smaller 5.5hp 25 gallon compressor would be powerful enough for what I would
 use it for; automotive work, impact gun, drill, sawing, air blower. I would
 really never do sandblasting or painting with it. Decisions suck...........I
 want this big beastly one, just dont know if I can handle it just sitting in
 my basement begging to be used!
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

I was confronted with the same dilemma a while back. I just bought 50'
of I'm not sure what gage wire(I'll check if ya want) and just hooked into
the A/C hookup out back when I needed it. The A/C and air compressor
were hardly used at the same time but they have kicked on at the same
time with no prob. HTH