RE: Encounter with 300-lb gorilla (pulling stock plugs)

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 08:43:40 EDT

" I also discovered a side effect of those fun heat shields. "
-- Use your needlenose pliers and yank the heat shields before you start.
Then use a can of compressed air to blast out any crud that may have built
up around the plug, before removing.

The heat shields can be re-installed pretty easily, but mine sit in the
basement parts bin now. MSD makes a nice plug boot cover that I use, works
great (actually looks pretty good, too) and no heat shields to mess with.

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust