2 homebrew K&N questions

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 10:57:01 EDT

Hey, you all who have made your own intake:

1) While I had the stock intake off yesterday to change the plugs, I
trial-fitted the clamp to the air hat flange. I discovered that the flange
is 3-1/8 OD, so the clamp is actually a bit too large. How did you
compensate for the difference in diameter? I got a stainless clamp, but if I
used the solid rubber coupling I could just cut a couple of V-notches in
it...

2) Also, what's the best way to deal with the breather?

Thanks is advance,

Alex Harris