Re: Transgo Shift kit-install video?

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 10:59:39 EDT

Dester:

I bought one of these kits from Marty (Kuk ala KRCPerformance). Was told
I could do it on ramps in my backyard in a couple of hours. I watched the
video (a pre-mag Dak) and it said on later models there was more to do
when working arond the strut on the rear servo and a professional should
do the work. As a mattter of fact, the instruction sheet said not to even
look at the enclosed video (WTF? What's it there for?). So, I was
directed to a shop that could supposedly do the install for between $85
and $100. Made an appointment, took off work and went out there.
Naturally, they were shorthanded and backed up (even though they
acknowledged my appointment and all). Directed me to another guy who has
his own shop and drag races a fuelie. It took this professional 5 (FIVE)
hours to install the kit in his professional tranny shop. Drive shaft had
to come off and tranny housing unbolted and moved back to install rear
servo.

The truck runs great with the shift kit. I really like it and it does all
the kit said it would do. But, you know 5 hours of mechanic's time don't
come cheap!

Your situation may be different. My Dak is a '95 318 with the 45RH tranny
(no electric OD). Just passing along my experience.

Richard in San Antonio