Torsion Bar Lift

From: Sammon45@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 18:53:07 EDT

  Does anyone have experience with lifting their Gen III Dak by adjusting the
torsion bars. I have a 2000 CC which I use off road more than I should. I
could use a little extra ground clearance, but don't want to spring for a
lift kit (no pun intended) or void the warranty. I understand that cranking
the torsion bars is common practice on other trucks, although I know that
there can be ride/handling trade-offs. Any advice or suggestions would be
appreciated.