Re: new engine...hell yeah!!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 18:47:28 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/00 5:45:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cannon@kansas.net writes:

> Hey guys, later this week I'm going to be purchasing a 360 to drop in my
> Dakota. The place I'm getting one from has a '96 with about 80,000 and a
> '98 with about 30,000. Both are the same price and they are a lift-out
> (comes with computer, harness, and all the goodies). I have a '95 so I'm
> wondering if I'll have any trouble dropping a new engine into my truck,
> i.e. emissions and that sort of stuff. I want it to be as easy as
> possible. What do you guys think? Should I go with the '98 or go with
> the '96? Or, should I just wait until I find a '95?

My best suggestion would be to get the 98, but see if you can get the wiring
harness and computer from a 95. 96 up has OBDII and higher, our 95 is OBDI.
It should work with the newer computer, but may complicate emissions items.
That just off the top of my head, anyone feel free to correct me

-Austin
Vipertruck