Re: Stoopid SureGrip/Posi-Traction Question(s) of the Day...

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 23:29:03 EDT

Here's another take on it. If you are just going to use 4wd for light
off-roading down the occasional forest road and nothing too serious the LSD
is probably going to do you well. If you you're looking to go off into the
boonies every other weekend looking for some rocks to climb or mud bogs to
slosh through plan on your LSD (Limited Slip Differential) lasting maybe 30K
miles before you have to replace or rebuild it. If you plan on this kind on
off-roading I'd skip the LSD entirely and go to a full locker like a Detroit
Locker as it'll be MUCH cheaper in the long run and the capabilities of the
Detroit vs the LSD are like night and day.

Once you have a locker to install plan on about $150 per axle for labor for
the install if you don't do it yourself.

Regards, Mike Klinke