RE: Header question Help

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 09:12:22 EDT

Bryan,

As far as I know, there is only one Thorley Headers Comp., and that is
Doug's.
You can get Thorley Headers from Positive Performance, which, oddly enough
has the same phone number as Mike Leach Company ;)

If I was at home right now I could give you the exact address/ph numbers as
I have a very large box from Doug Thorley Headers sitting in my Dining room
(and my wife doesn't seem to like it there, for some reason?!)

The Thorley/Leach long tube design seems to be the best, from reports on the
DML. I'm real happy with mine, ONCE I got them installed. Seems they
fabricated a whole batch of the 195Y headers for the 95 Daks & neglected to
put EGR valves on the Pass. side headers. Lets just say my header install
took about 2&1/2 weeks. HOWEVER, Tom and Positive Performance and Randy at
Thorley were really good about getting the problem corrected ASAP. I still
had to do some custom fabricating (relocated the O2 sensor port) to get
everything to fit. I'm pretty certain that was a trickle down effect from
the EGR valve issue.

Regardless, with a custom Gibson exhaust, Headers, Ported TB, and open K&N,
my Dak now sounds very intimidating.

Hope that helped some.

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust