Re: Re: BRAKE PROBLEMS - Contact NHTSA !!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 07:28:49 EDT

At 04:09 PM 8/23/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Its problematic across all of Mopardom....
>The LH cars are notorious for warping rotors. Same with the Sebrings.
>Haven't heard anything from Caravan owners but I don't know many. <snip>

I have a '96 Grand Caravan in which the rotors were badly grooved just
after the brake warranty expired. I went to Midas, and the fellow who
put in new rotors and carbon metallic pads and recently came over
from a Chrysler dealership said that it is common with Chrysler
vehicles because Chrysler uses cheap materials in the rotors.

BTW, the rotors that he put on are still looking good after 4 years and
the carbon metallic pads do not leave any more brake dust (maybe even
less) on the rims than the OE ones.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95