RE: Powerdyne Problem....it's baaaaack.

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 18:57:59 EDT

Well, on a recommendation by another fellow DML'er (Tim Berry), I installed
the 10:1 FMU Plate from Vortech and the fuel problem has ceased...for now.
(No, I didn't reset the computer at all.)

After talking with Vortech on this, they even recommended the 8:1 for the V6
just to prevent the excessively high pressure under boost. And it is
confirmed, our systems run at 49.2psi, + or - 5psi, and the 80psi that I was
seeing under 6lbs. of boost is too high. (Thanks TedO for the fuel pressure
info.)

I've taken her down to Georgetown and back and pushed her pretty hard
without any fuel problems or cutting out. I'll give it another day before I
end this.

As for having the computer reflashed, i'm not going to do this until after I
get the return line installed on Thursday (Colvin Automotive) and after it's
been run through its paces on their Dyno so we can see what really
happening. If required, they can reprogram the computer on their site while
on the Dyno. (And it's no $600 either...gotta love them for that!!) :)

- Bernd