Magnum Camshaft

From: Robertsons (jrobert@voyageur.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 23:05:20 EDT

OK, I got this 96 5.2L magnum which I'm freshening up to go into my 92 Dak.
I tear it all apart and everything is good accept the cam. The engine had
been sitting for about 3 months and because the humidity up here (Northern
Ontario) has been so high the camshaft has some rust on some of the lobes.
Not all the way around, just one some spots. I took crocus cloth (very
fine sand paper) and cleaned up the spots but you can still see small dark
spots were the rust was. Question is should I run it like that or replace
the cam. I did phone the local dealer and they told me that I can't even
get a performance cam in Canada and if I could it would be around $400
bucks! Somebody on the list had a cam for sale about 6 months ago. Anybody
know who?

Dave R
92 Dak 5.2