Question about gear lube

From: David Axmann (bckpack@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 00:10:08 EDT

I'm coming up on the time to refill my manual trans (AX-15) fluid. The
service manual calls for 75W-90 API Grade GL-3 gear lube. All I can
find is grade GL-5. From what I know, this contains more detergents and
junk. Can I use this in my tranny? The only thing close (besides
Mopar) I can find is Amsoil which is listed as a grade GL-2 - GL-5. I
know that the NV3500 trans requires only Mopar fluid but any equivalent
can be used for the AX15, if I could find it.
Thanks