Re: Removing Stickers/Steel Vs. Fiberglass

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 18:49:28 EDT

Check out http://www.intense99dak.com/decals.htm

> Also I asked this before, but this has a better tread so it might
> get some more attention. What are the Pro's and con's to fiberglass roll
> pans and Hoods in comparison to steel ones. My situation is a street
truck
> (no off-roading) and I'm try to avoid that cheap add on look you see on
the
> aftermarket Honda front ends.

    Fiberglass products are generally going to require a lot more prep work
prior to painting. This would include (for hoods) fitting, block sanding to
get rid of some of the waves, filling imperfections. Steel hoods are direct
bolt on with normal painting procedures. As for the difference in roll pans,
it is very small. People say that steel holds up better in rear end impacts,
but I believe that the person doing the hitting is going to buy a new one
regardless of material. Street Scene makes an awesome fiberglass roll pan
as well as Pro-Glass (if you want custom tips).

Hope this helps.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota Sport
www.intense99dak.com