RE: install questions for MSD

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 08:14:17 EDT

I haven't played around with the 6AL, but from what I understand, the "chip"
is all you need. Just curious, why 4800 and not a 5000RPM chip? The
factory rev-limiter kicks in at 5200 and the shift points (from what I've
read on the DML) for the 5.9 seems to be best at 4800-4900rpm. If you set
the rev-limiter at 4800, that's where it's going to stop. You want to keep
the rev-limiter about 550-750rpm above your optimum shift point...not at it.

- Bernd
(No hood banging today...) ;)