Re: Barwick Dealer Blows

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 19:34:28 EDT

Jay,

I go the dealers school here in my state every couple of years just so I can see
what they can legally do to me or a custmer legally due to them. (don't have to
be a dealer and only costs $250) I would advise you to immediately find the
department or bureau in the California State goverment that regulates the auto
dealers association. In Florida, where I live, it's governed by the states
attory's office and another agency. As you have already stated and are correct
that is entirely illegal. The dealership could, nad probably will, face hefty
fines and god knowes what else for doing such a thing. I am not trying to make
them a target but this would keep it from happening to another person. You do
not usually need an attorny for filing a claim with thier state governing body.
Trust me when you report it they will investigate it. They cannot afford to have
dealers going around selling peoples trade-ins without the paperwork. The only
catch they have you on is if they had you sign some sort of a "consent or
release" form. If not you have a strong case.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport