Bought a 360

From: Chaz Ruppman (chazruppman@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 22:51:01 EDT

OK, I just bought a 360 engine out of a 2000 RAM Club Cab, only 2200 miles.

I have heard mixed information regarding the balancing of the 318 vs. the
360.
A mechanic at my Dodge dealership said that the 360's were internally
balanced since '96.
Others have said not. As for the 2000 who knows.
Anybody know for sure?

Basically from what I have heard that this should be a bolt for bolt swap.
As for the balancing part I am not sure.
The guy also said that the Torque Converter on the new Trucks are not
balanced either (meaning they have not weights on them).
He said all I would need is the flexplate from the old engine and bolt it
in.

I am also worried about the wiring. Will my '98 wiring work on the 2000
engine.

I have a '98 CC w/318 Auto transmission.
Thanks for your replies.
Feel free to email me direct at chazruppman@home.com.