Re: Horrible Clunking Noise on 93 2wd PLEASE HELP!

From: will weslow (1991dak@team.camaroZ28.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 00:19:50 EDT

Greg,
  I was hearing a clunking sound starting about two months ago on my 91' and I was try ing to wait until I could afford to have some work done. Well it started to doing some scary a$$ $h!t. Going down the road it would do a clunk and make the steering would shift to the right, left, and back straight again. It got to the point that I was scared that I would eventually lose control and end up wrecking my baby. At that point I took it into Hibdons (Tire & Alignment Shop) to have it checked out, come to find out that a Bolt on the upper control arm had come loose. Anyhow I got out of there without spending a cent. I hope this helps.

Will W.
91' CC 4x4 318ci

--- NVMYDakota@aol.com
> wrote:
>OK I don't freaking get this..
>
>For somreason or another my truck has recently started hating me...
>
>It's latest present is a funyn clunking noise, adn clunk it does, it ottally
>depends on the situation, but it seems like whener thetranny shifts, I change
>rates of acceleration, or take a turn my truck clunks funny. I belive the
>turning is jsut a symtom of the previous seeing as how I slow through most
>turns... Damnit.
>
>I can't find any ovbioius problems, no leaks tranyn fluid is all good, the
>only thing I can think of is maybe somhow the rear differential (which is
>dying) is just making itself heard??? I does realy really soudn like it's
>commin from the right front wheel, so I took it all apart, washed it down
>REALLY good with foammy engine bright followed by brake cleaner (to removve
>residue) I coudl see absolutly nothing wrong DAMNIT!
>

>please help Greg

Free E-mail by CamaroZ28.Com - FULL THROTTLE INTERNET