Re: rant: why Crower sucks

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 20:04:26 EDT

Mike -

I understand your frustration, but as I work in customer service as well, I
run into this same problem often.
What you have to remember is that it wasn't a result of Crower's mistake,
it was that you changed what you wanted from them.
At Hella where I work now, we don't pay shipping until the customer orders
at least $1500 worth of product.

That's just how businesses work.

If it was as a result of their mistake, then yes, they should pay for
shipping for you to ship it back and for the new ones.

At 07:45 PM 9/22/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm gonna' rant, so hit the delete button now...
>
>okay, if you're still around check this out!! So I ordered some 1.7
>Roller rockers from Crower (via Group Buy. Thx again Sam!!) and then I
>decide to get a comp cams 604 cam for the motor too. Well, after some
>math we determined that I'd have too much lift and it would take all
>kinds of work and money for me to be able to use these Rockers. So, I
>call Crower and they won't give me a refund but they will swap em' out
>for 1.6's. Cool. So I drop $25 to ship these things to Ca. 4 weeks later
>(today) I get home and there is a note from the UPS that my Rockers have
>arrived. SWEET! but.... it also says I have to pay $18.50 shipping
>charges in the form of a cashiers check or money order to pick em' up!
>WTF?!?!?!?!!! You mean to tell me that Crower can't flip the bill for
>shipping?!?! So I call Crower and Brian isn't available. So I'm gonna'
>have to foot the cost of this shipping cheapness by Crower.
>And you wanna' know what the kicker is??!?!
>
>I CAN'T USE THE DAMN THINGS ANYWAY!!!!
>
>&%$#!!!!
>
>so.. Crower is now on my sh*t list...
>
>-miggity
>
>miggitymike@juno.com
>PROJECT 13's ---> slammed 88 Dakota w/360 swap in progress!
>
>http://surf.to/Project13s

>Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
>Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit:
>http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

W. Jack Hilton III

Newnan , GA

HEMI@charter.net