RE: Pinging/clatter/ God only knows what else

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 10:50:09 EDT

Another suggestion:

If you suspect that you've got lifter clatter and/or sticky rings,
try Marvel Mystery oil. Their products were extensively used
by mechanics in the 60-70s mopar muscle engines, and they do work.

What I would do is run Marvel Mystery oil in the crankcase and the gas tank.
Follow the directions are on the can/bottle. You'll need a quart for the
crankcase and at least a pint for the gas tank. You'll also need to do an
oil change to run the MMO in the crankcase as you'll be replacing one quart
of regular oil with the MMO.

Bob