Re: V6/V8 Torsion Bars

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 00:17:33 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/2000 8:45:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

> , will there be different part numbers for the V8
> compared to the V6, or is it a one-size-fits-all torsion bar?
> I think Walt is using V8 torsion bars on his V6 Dak, just not 100% sure. I
> would also assume the V8 torsion bars would be more heavy duty compared to
> the V6 torsion bars to accommodate for the added weight upfront with a V8,
> right? If there are 2 different bars, is there any way to visually identify
> these V8 bars?

There should be a difference in size between the two as well.. although it
probably won't be that much of a difference. I've seen a few places online
that can/will make custom T-bars for people. That way you can spec the
spring rate or size you'd like. I believe one was Dedenoff<sp> springs. For
off road or just HD bigger bars work better. For drag racing.. you'll
usually want a lighter duty for the weight transfer. Too bad the 2wd's
aren't T-bar suspensions..
Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo