Re: RE: RE: Re: RE: MSD install help (kinda long)...

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 04:16:02 EDT

Ron-

> Hmmm.....let me think about this....alternator fuse blew....ok....sounds
> like maybe your MSD wires are okay, when you went to junction box you
> matched red to red and black to black?

Exactly.

> Sounds more and more like maybe you
> might have hooked up your battery backwards when you put it back in?

Again, not likely. Even assuming the engine *would* start with the polarity
reversed, it wouldn't be physically easy to cross-connect the terminals.
The wire bundles sorta keep the positive and negative terminals close to
their respective post. Spin the battery (hypothetically speaking), the
posts move to the fender side -- still wouldn't be easy to cross-connect
without muscling the cables -- right?

I'm not saying that I'm above making a mistake *like* that -- just that I
don't think I made that *particular* mistake. ;)

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4
5.2l, 5 Speed
Mesa Headers & Cat