Re: V6/V8 Torsion Bars

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 11:00:36 EDT

Kyle,
   There are actually four different set of bars for your truck.

1450 lbs Right Left
  87-96 V6 4322510 4322511
  91-96 V8 4322512 4322513

2000 lbs
  87-96 V6 4322516 4322517
  91-96 V8 4322518 4322519

The V8 bars have a higher spring rate than the V6 bars
The 2000 lbs bars are physically thicker that the 1450 lbs bars.
They are all interchangable with each other. The rear ancors and lower
control arms are the same V6 vs. V8 The bars are stamped on one end L or R
and have the part #. I don't know how your finances are but they will only
cost you about $125 per side, new at the dealer. I don't know what they
would cost you at a junk yard, but remember that when you get a price. If
they're anything over $50 each, I would buy new ones.

BTW, you are correct, I have 2000 lbs V8 bars on my 88 V6.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM