RE: RE: IAT sensor

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 23:14:24 EDT

It's not mandatory...but does help in performance a bit. Moving the IAT to
a cooler location richens the mixture slightly. It mainly (almost) gets rid
of the normal operating condition power loss that most of us experience.
The IAT reads (normally) 185-200 degrees from the intake which leans out the
fuel mixture a bit. Moving it to a cooler location gives it a cooler temp
reading (110-130). The computer still works just like the old days with
chokes: Colder = Richer mixture / Warmer = Leaner mixture.

I actually moved mine to the passenger side fender and just drilled a 1/2"
hole. (It threads right in to the fender.)

- Bernd