Man killed in Ft. Worth

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 08:19:07 EDT

Hey gang, I apologize for this post being kind of gruesome. I heard on the
radio this morning that a man was killed in Ft. Worth on loop 820. A truck
in front of him ran over a piece of angle iron in the road, it flew into the
air, went through his windshield, and killed him. The police are holding
the truck driver liable for the man's death.

I feel sorry for the man that was killed (and his family). I think the law
says you are responsible for avoiding road debris, and that's why the truck
driver is being held responsible. But geez, I drive a lot in Dallas/Ft.
Worth and I see all kinds of stuff on the roads all the time. Traffic moves
so fast and is so dense here, 5 people may run over the same piece of junk
in the road before anyone even notices it.

I'm no lawyer, so I'm wondering what I would do if I were the truck driver
being held liable. Don Mallet... anyone else... thoughts/ideas?

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport